Orange County Schools
Our North Carolina School Report Card
Orange County Schools' students continue to demonstrate increased academic growth and higher proficiency levels on the state and national assessments. The North Carolina School Report Card provides a detailed analysis of the accomplishments for our district and each of our schools. This annual report contains measures of student performance, school accountability, teacher quality, class size, attendance rates, school safety and instructional resources. These statistics reflect the 2011-2012 school year.
Orange County Schools has achieved some excellent academic results over the course of the past year. Here are a few of the district's highlights from our North Carolina School Report Card:
- Orange County Schools met 62 of 63 growth targets (98.4%).
- 9 schools met 100% of federal targets.
- 4 year graduation rate for the district increased to 85.4%.
- 5 schools made High Growth.
- 7 schools were classified as Schools of Distinction.
- All 3 middle schools made High Growth in both reading and math.
- 4 elementary schools made High Growth in reading.
- 5 elementary schools made High Growth in math.
- District biology scores increased to 87.5% proficient, up from 83.0% last year.
- District algebra scores increased to 84.1% proficient, up from 83.5% last year.
Our academic achievement and district initiatives make this an exciting time to be part of Orange County Schools. I invite you to take a closer look at our N.C. School Report Card. This information will help our parents, guardians and community members better understand our school district and the impact of the programs we offer.
Should you have any questions regarding the N.C. School Report Card or how to interpret the results, please contact your child's school or Dr. Mary Calhoun, Director of Accountability and Testing, at 919.732.2314, extension 16001, or by email at email@example.com.
Click HERE to view Report Card.
Click HERE for a printable version of the Superintendent's letter.